TWT Creative Precinct BLOCK PARTY
On Thursday 27 November, the TWT Creative Precinct celebrated its official grand opening with a Block Party that encompassed multiple creative venues on Atchison Street, Chandos Street and Atchison Lane. Check out the video below.
Guests were treated to a myriad of creative experiences including the unveiling of Fintan Magee’s three storey-street art mural, gypsy bands in caravans, Sangria in a bicycle workshop, giant bunnies guiding guests to all the action, brass band flash mobs filing through the laneways, ballet performances, an assortment of art exhibitions, dancing in the dark, delicious local food and a beautiful traditional aboriginal smoking ceremony to bless and cleanse the creative precinct.
Thank you to everyone who attended the Block Party and showed their support for the arts in St Leonards – it’s wonderful to see the community embracing this project. Also a big thank you to all the amazing creatives that made the TWT Creative Precinct Block Party such an unforgettable experience.
Activities that took place on the night included:
- ‘No lights, No Lycra’: Brand X rehearsal space, 60 Atchison Street
- ‘Black and White’: works by contemporary artists, Platform72, 62 Atchison Street
- Live performances and karaoke: Bsidesound, 58 Atchison Street
- ‘Tubula Rose’ photography exhibition: The Photography Factory, 60 Atchison Street
- Textile demonstrations and live music: Cre8tiv Studios, 27 Atchison Street
- ‘Small is beautiful’: exhibition, ME art space, 25 Atchison Stree
- Photography exhibition curated by contact sheet, T1 Art Terminal
- ‘On the easel’: an exhibition of visual artists of the TWT Creative Precinct, T1 Café
- ‘The Streets Are Talking’: new works by Alan Streets, kind of – gallery, 58 Atchison Street
- Bicycle workshop, Cicli Spirito, 62 Atchison Street (rear entrance in Atchison Lane)
- Catering by local restaurant, The Moody Chef
- Live performances by Lolo the Gypsy Caravan
- Live ballet performances by the Tanya Pearson Classical Coaching Academy
- Live performances from the The Jazz Workshop Australia.
Check out all the pictures from the TWT Creative Precinct Block Party in the below gallery.